Following a tutorial for a sofa, I decided to make an armchair so that there's somewhere comfortable for the residents of MJJM to sit quietly and read a book. I thought it would be perfect in the corner of the dining room. The first one I made took three hours and I was pretty pleased with it until I placed it in the house and realised that it was way out of scale!!!
So, not one to be let down by my own failings, I spent a further two hours a couple of nights later making another one. Here is the result.
It's not perfect, but it's not bad for a second attempt and when it's put in place, it looks just right for a cosy, curled up read by the fire!
I've pinched some other bits from my old house to make the room look more lived in too.
And whilst I was placing a yummy looking biscuit on the plate, I remembered I had a recipe for something that looked just the same, so I got baking yesterday too...
Very "more-ish" biscuits, sandwiched together with butter icing. Can't think why there's only two left already!
I've now started to mentally design the living room. Far more modern than the traditional dining room, it's going to be very pale with a calm atmosphere. I haven't yet decided on bare wood floorboards or a very "earthy" carpet, but I've ordered some bits and have started designing the sofa (in my head, at least!)