Follow the building progress of my Mountfield dolls house from the Dolls House Emporium.


This is my second dolls house; the first one was built from a cheap kit bought from Ebay and completed about eight years ago. Although my friends enjoyed poking their noses in through the windows to see what was inside, I just had a feeling I could do an awful lot better.


This is house number two; my attempt at improving upon house number one. I hope you enjoy it.


Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you wish.

Sunday 31 July 2011

My New Purchases

Our trip to the Steyning Dolls House Shop was a successful one.  I say "our" as Mario is taking more and more of an interest in miniatures and wanted to come along with me so it was nice to have some company on the journey.
Needless to say, I could have bought SO much, but I exercised control and stuck to just a few bits and pieces.  Here are some of them.
I like the fact that these mugs are all different colours.  I think I'll make some hooks and hang them underneath the kitchen wall units by the kettle.

This glass cake stand was so delicate, I just had to have it.

I think this is the closest mini dog that I will get to my "Goose" and so I bought him with the intention of painting him black.

The cat curled up the chair is one I already had, but the one on the new carpet looking up at him, is just like my cat, Luca.

I have carpet in the dining room now too.  I also bought the carpet that I'm going to use in the living room, which will be my next room.

The lovely mantle clock is one I found on eBay.  (It also hides the split in the wood perfectly!)

I also bought a welcome mat for the hall and beautiful light that I'm going to use in the living room as well as a more modern skirting board and coving.  OK - I know coving doesn't go with this house, but the living room is going to be more new modern than traditional modern and I needed a slightly different look.

It took an hour to fit the carpet.  Perhaps I should have fitted it before I put in the chimney breast and the fireplace?



I also bought a tiny little horseshoe for above the back door.  This got me excited about the exterior of the house again and so I've started to make a "wrought iron" gate and a tiny little picket fence.  (Pictures coming soon.)  It looks as though I'm going to have a very small front garden!

6 comments:

Eliana said...

You did great shopping!
Hugs

Unknown said...

Nice things you bougt! The mugs are lovely.
Mona

Jelly Bean said...

I forgot to take a picture and mention the cutlery set I bought too!

Sandra said...

Love the house - it reminds me of the one my husband lived in before his family came to Australia when he was 7. I have wanted to buy this kit for ages! Thank you for signing on as a follower of my blog - I am delighted, and it led me to your blog, which is lovely. I am so interested in seeing this house as you progress. You made some great purchases at the Fair.
Sandie (Snippets from my Studio)

Marion said...

Congrats on your purchases. Love the little mugs too, as you said, because of their colours. And those animals. Unlike dolls, I like having animals in my scenes.
Bye for now

Ivonne said...

hello Jojo, I was looking to your blog and your house is great, I just loved the kitchen!!! I understand your frustration of not being able to find miniature shops, I live in Chile and here there are no miniature shops , so the only possibility of window shopping is just by internet and it's not the same.
can't find the button to become a follower sniffff, hope tomorrow it will be there. byeeee