Follow the building progress of my Mountfield dolls house from the Dolls House Emporium.


This is my second dolls house; the first one was built from a cheap kit bought from Ebay and completed about eight years ago. Although my friends enjoyed poking their noses in through the windows to see what was inside, I just had a feeling I could do an awful lot better.


This is house number two; my attempt at improving upon house number one. I hope you enjoy it.


Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you wish.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Holidays and Floor Boards

I'm so sorry that it's been over a month since I last blogged.  I've been so busy.  We went on holiday for a week during June; a beautiful little cottage in North Devon.  Goose just loved showing off his running skills along Saunton Sands; people actually stopped walking to watch him!  The speed of a greyhound is amazing, the cheatah is the only land animal in the world that's faster.
Just had to put a picture of Goose in - we'll get back the house now.

So initially I blocked up the wall separating the dining room from the kitchen, painted the walls and then decided on how I was going to do the flooring.  The floor in the hall looks lovely, but it was purpose-bought floor boards and was very expensive.  This time I decided to make my own.  I bought "Jumbo Lolly Sticks" from Hobbycraft, cut off the round ends and voila! I had floor boards!   I then cut out the back of a cereal packet to the right size of the room and glued the floor boards onto that, varnished in beech and slid it into the kitchen!
I'm very proud of my kitchen floor that cost 1/10th of the price of the hall floor and better than that, I did it!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Good thinking - and great results.

Minteriors said...

I had to chuckle, JoJo, when I saw your "filled" frig! The eggs were a total crack-up to me. That inspired me to take a second look at my own little EMPTY refrigerator. Hmmm, what kinds of "goodies" shall I put in it? To be sure, eggs! : )