Follow the building progress of my Mountfield dolls house from the Dolls House Emporium.


This is my second dolls house; the first one was built from a cheap kit bought from Ebay and completed about eight years ago. Although my friends enjoyed poking their noses in through the windows to see what was inside, I just had a feeling I could do an awful lot better.


This is house number two; my attempt at improving upon house number one. I hope you enjoy it.


Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you wish.

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Making A Grand Entrance

Having almost completed the front exterior, I have decided that I need a change of scenery and my next mission is to complete the hall and landing.
My Mountfield is going to be a 1930s built house, but based in the modern day.  The occupants are going to be those lucky people that get to live in a great house with all the mod cons, but with a lot of the original features still remaining.
So, the hall way will have panelling on the wall under the stairs and picture rails just like it would have done originally, but the under stairs cupboard will have been converted to a downstairs loo (just like in my Auntie Mary's house!)
To this end, I carefully cut a door way out of the wall last night and then started to panel the door and wall with little bits of timber.  The trouble was that the dampness of the glue on such a relatively thin piece of MDF, started to make it warp.  Disaster was averted by a heavy dictionary being placed on them whilst they dried and that's why there's no picture as yet!
This weekend I hope to be able to stain them in an oak colour to match the internal doors.

No comments: