Follow the building progress of my Mountfield dolls house from the Dolls House Emporium.


This is my second dolls house; the first one was built from a cheap kit bought from Ebay and completed about eight years ago. Although my friends enjoyed poking their noses in through the windows to see what was inside, I just had a feeling I could do an awful lot better.


This is house number two; my attempt at improving upon house number one. I hope you enjoy it.


Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you wish.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Next Room Is Going To Be... ...The Bathroom!


So I've decided that the next room I will work on will be the bathroom.  I've ordered a small corner bath, a walk in shower, a toilet and a sink from Elf Miniatures and am busy planning.

I plan to build in the corner bath and give it a tile surround and a lowered ceiling above the bath with spot lights inside.  Then I will build a false wall so that the cistern for the toilet will be inside the false wall and the sink can also be built into the wall.

I saw many beautiful bathrooms on the Elf Miniatures website (http://www.elfminiatures.co.uk/) and decided that I wanted one that looks that realistic.  Now, I could spend lots of money on furniture, but I've decided that even if it looks good, I won't be as proud of it as I am my hallway.  (I look inside several times a day and giggle at myself, that I panelled it all by myself!)  If I can make my own fitted bathroom, I will not only have far more pride in my efforts and hard work, I will have saved a good few pounds too.

If I can build a bathroom, surely I can build a kitchen too?!

No comments: