Follow the building progress of my Mountfield dolls house from the Dolls House Emporium.


This is my second dolls house; the first one was built from a cheap kit bought from Ebay and completed about eight years ago. Although my friends enjoyed poking their noses in through the windows to see what was inside, I just had a feeling I could do an awful lot better.


This is house number two; my attempt at improving upon house number one. I hope you enjoy it.


Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you wish.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Bathroom Bliss!

Well just because I couldn't work on the bathroom yesterday doesn't mean that this weekend's mission was in vain.  Oh no!  Mario went out for the day and so that meant that I had several hours peace and quiet to work on the bathroom.
I went to work with balsa wood and PVA.
I decided to paint the balsa wood and use mosaic tiles from Hobbycraft for the areas that I wanted tiled (around the bath and the walk in shower).
Much patience, measuring, glueing and 422 tiles later, I had a bathroom mini-person would be proud of.
The door handles are beads from Hobbycraft

The shower is a kit from Elf Miniatures as are the sink and toilet.

The mirror is a craft pack of four for less than two pounds!
There is also a spot light in the hidden ceiling above the bath, one above the mirror and there will be one in the shower area too.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Excellent bathroom too - must go look at Elf Miniatures. I am looking for a shower for my Carrington Villa, and haven't found one I like. Your mini family will love the mod cons in this room.