Follow the building progress of my Mountfield dolls house from the Dolls House Emporium.


This is my second dolls house; the first one was built from a cheap kit bought from Ebay and completed about eight years ago. Although my friends enjoyed poking their noses in through the windows to see what was inside, I just had a feeling I could do an awful lot better.


This is house number two; my attempt at improving upon house number one. I hope you enjoy it.


Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you wish.

Friday 27 May 2011

I'm Itchin' To Do The Kitchen!


Well my kitchen plans have changed over and over again!  I was planning to make my own and had it all worked out in my head and on paper.  Then disaster struck when I costed it.  What I initially thought was going to be a budget kitchen as I'd make it all myself, turned out to be quite the opposite.
So I've given in (and am really excited and pleased that I have!) and have planned and ordered my kitchen kit from Elizabeth Le Pla at Elf Miniatures, which will firstly look far better than a home built one and secondly (and surprisingly) will cost me less!
I cannot rate Elizabeth's speedy response to my emails highly enough and the level of service I have received so far is unsurpassable.
I sent Elizabeth an email with a scanned sketched plan of my kitchen (quite a rough one at that!) and a list of all the parts that I thought I needed.  Within the hour she had replied with a couple of suggestions of things that I had forgotten which the kitchen would not look realistic without and also showed me a way of changing a couple of cabinets to save a bit of money too!  She ensured that I had enough length in my kitchen for the worktop to overlap a little and also gave solutions if I didn't have the length required. 
From the few emails Elizabeth and I have exchanged, I can already tell that this lady obviously takes great pride in her work, has a passion for what she does and must (yes MUST!) get a lot of her business from repeat customers and word of mouth.

Kitchen aside, this weekend I will be working on odd jobs, such as the outside wall of the bathroom which didn't get done as I ran out of tiles.  The picture rails and skirting on the landing.  And making curtains for the bedroom to match the duvet I made last weekend.

I'm not too sure how much I will get done this weekend, as a lot of time is already planned for my Maxi life which leaves little time for my Mini life.  But I'm sure that with the bank holiday Monday, I'll find time to get some bits done.

No comments: